Pages

Wednesday 8 September 2010

Start Date + 4 days

I’ve moved! I’m now a resident of YWAM Harpenden and officially staff on the Forever Team. This is SUCH a beautiful base. When I applied to join the Forever team I decided to not visit it before moving; I knew God wanted me here so it didn’t matter what it looked like.
What a fantastic blessing to find myself in a stunning part of the country and in a base where I immediately feel at home.
All going to ‘plan’ I’ll be based here until the team is planted in East London in the New Year.

I’m sharing a room with 2 lovely girls called Gina and Louise, both of whom finished staffing a Sports Discipleship Training School earlier this year and remain on staff planning a new school now. Also new to the Forever with myself are Helena and Lucie, working on Children’s work and Social Justice respectively.

God has really and truly gone before me in relationships and in my own personal reaction to moving. My worries of feeling overwhelmed by the new situation and meeting lots of new people were unfounded and I already feel settled here. PRAISE GOD!

Myself, Lucie and Dean on a 'Scavenger Hunt' style tour of town
This is an induction week and already we’ve toured the local area, met the leadership and are getting to know the ins and outs of all the important aspects of life on this base.

 I remain excited and expectant for this next season of my life. I’ve had times of real uncertainty about whether I wanted to re-join YWAM and each time God has confirmed that this is where I am to be. The peace I felt when I arrived here though has been the ultimate affirmation of this choice. AMEN!

Moving in to my room

Please continue to pray for:
Settling in - may the sense of home increase
Team unity - as we get to know everyone we’re working with


Finances – one of my monthly supporters has had to withdraw for a time due to a personal situation, may their needs also be met.

Praise God for:
Overcoming my initial fears and giving peace
Current financial needs being met – may this continue despite various changes of circumstances
Friendships that are already forming

No comments:

Post a Comment