Pages

Tuesday 14 September 2010

Start Date + 10 days - Pioneering


'Space... the Final Frontier. These are the continuing voyages of the starship Enterprise. Her ongoing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life forms and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before.'


Week One was spent on an induction program, introducing the Leadership Team, local area and a tour of the Highfield Oval, our base and my new home. Part of this was an introduction to pioneering led by the band Evergreen, a Christian band founded at this base and ministering both nationally and locally through their music. 
They spoke on what it means to be a pioneer and how that is worked out practically here on The Oval. I found this one of the most challenging and exciting sections of the week.

When I initially left University and joined YWAM, pioneering was not something I felt called to. Yet God has led me to joining 'Forever', a pioneering team and platform from which I feel called to a new Arts ministry. Thought this journey God has been consistently reassuring me through scripture and wise council that this will be a challenge but it is not my ability I am to rely on but His.

This confirmation has continued since arriving on this base, not least with the pioneering talk being opened with the Star Trek Theme. 
I set up 'Catherine's log' following a conversation with my pastor and a friend a church, in which we joked that I should base it on Star Trek's 'Captain's Log'. 

So I did. 

Having Evergreen start their session with the theme, felt like God gently and humorously alerting me to the way he had orchestrated my journey to join 'Forever', and how He will continue to support me and reveal exciting possibilities to me. 

Below are points that Evergreen gave us to leave with. 
Though light hearted at first glance, these are each serious challenges, to continue to think and pray about.
5 Points of Pioneering (according to Star Trek)
1)What is the final frontier? (the unexplored territories)
2) What is your voyage? (the journey to be undertaken in terms of distance and time)
3) What is your mission? (purpose)
4) Are you seeking new life? (in yourself, in culture, in evangelism)
5) Are you boldly going where no man has gone before? (Be original and think outside of the box)

As week one of work begins I now feel very much like a member of staff here. Following a period of artistic dryness, God has already started to 'drip feed' new dreams and new ideas into my head. Tomorrow I meet with my team leaders to discuss plans and my vision for the arts team and I'm excited to work to bring some of these dreams to life.

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant! I never knew my humour was so prophetic! (Pathetic, yes!) Hope the plans discussions have gone well.
    Martin

    ReplyDelete