Pages

Monday 11 October 2010

Start Date + Intercession

Part of life here on the base is Monday morning Intercession. All the staff and students come together for one hour of specific prayer for a country, ministry or topic. This morning's session was led by the School of Documentary Film Making and began with a section from a film they had made to raise awareness of infanticide among indigenous tribes in Brazil. 

Enjoy might not be the right word, but I am passionate about intercession.
Ezekiel 22:30 talks of God's desire for reconciliation in the earth and how '[He] looked for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand before [Him] in the gap on behalf of the land' 

Sometimes, particularly first thing on a Monday morning, I might not feel passion for praying for people or a country I don't know but i need to remind myself that GOD is passionate about his people. He knows those he created and desires to move amongst the, bringing justice and mercy. 

Below is the film shown this morning. Some of its content is quite harrowing and I challenge myself to not be apathetic or hard-hearted to it. This morning I joked that I wish I prayed like an African, loud and with real emotion, the Lord clearly hear because tears promptly came to my eyes, confronting my British reserve and self-protection.

Reassuringly though I know that when God will breaks my heart for what breaks His, His power also heals it.
'Streams of tears flow from my eyes because my people are destroyed. My eyes will flow unceasingly, without relief, until the LORD looks down from heaven and sees' – Lamentations 3:48-50


QUEBRANDO O SILÊNCIO from André on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment